Monday, August 03, 2015

Divine Wine returns with a tan - and tannins

Divine Wine blog, wine blog, Brescia, Italy, Lombardy
Brescia Castle in Brescia, Lombardy, Italy. 
Dear friends of wine and Divine Wine, I’ve returned from my travels. July was about a relentless and sweaty - nevertheless very enjoyable - search for divine wines in Mediterranean Europe. Our very small rental car gave its maximum speed on the highways of Italy, was almost swept away by brisk Slovenian side winds and, finally, was covered in dust on the minuscule, bumpy dirt roads of Istrian coast in Croatia. On a daily basis, temperatures of 35 to 40 degrees Celsius challenged the aromatic integrity of both me and my precious wine buys on the back seat. And, dear friends, all this was happily endured just to bring you a massive amount of exciting tips about fantastic, new wines, obscure local grape varieties, wonderful wine bars and places to travel for your next divine wine vacation! This week I’ll start by taking you to Lombardy, the country of Franciacorta sparkling wine. I’m excited; it’s great to be back!

Floral notes on the top of Brescia Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment