Monday, May 11, 2015

What is Divine Wine about?


Wine blog, wine reviews, red wine, wine tasting
Wonderful magnolias in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Divine Wine is about wine, wine tasting and wine travel - with joy!

Wine tasting
Developing as a wine taster is a crucial part of my wine enthusiasm. I want to understand what makes wine taste the way it does. I’ll share my tasting tips and techniques here, so you can get more out of wine, whether you’ve just found the world of wine or already are a serious oenophil.
Finding divine (especially red) wines is inspiring for me. I always write notes when I taste wine and write reviews of the best wines. The reviews are available on this blog, so you can find divine wines too. As the French say, life is too short to drink bad wine!

Wine bars
When travelling, I'm passionate about looking up the most laid-back, high quality wine lovers' hangout (a.k.a wine bar) in town. For a wine lover like me, travel experience is only complete after getting to taste great wines in a truly amazing wine bar. You'll find my travel tips to wine bars here.

Understanding wine
Although I would mostly describe myself as an expressive and creative writer type, there is a researcher and a woman of science in me too.  Understanding wine helps me enjoy good wine more deeply. So, every once in a while I’ll look into the factual side of wine, and explore wine making techniques, terroir, grape varieties and aroma components of wine.
Understanding wine is also, to a great extent, about how wine works with food. As wine lovers tend to be foodies, and are interested in optimal pairing of wine with food, I’ll make suggestions about enjoyable food pairings in my wine reviews.

Wine blog in English – for everyone
My wine blog in Finnish, Veni Vidi Viini, has been around for some time now. Currently, I'm travelling between Finland and Denmark a lot, so I felt the need to write a wine blog in English to reach all wine lovers, not only the Finns. I warmly welcome your feedback about this blog and any questions you might have about wine.

Santé, dear wine lover! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment